Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'recycling' (91)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Happy Birthday Bright Sparks

Bright Sparks turned 1 this month and is going from strength to strength. Since opening last June, the shop has sold more than 1,750 items…

Started by Hugh

3 Jul 3, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Enterprise dumped for Veolia by Haringey Council

A frisson of excitement (or is it trepidation?) at the Community Volunteer news desk as we learn that council waste contractors, Enterprise…

Started by Liz

74 Jun 13, 2011
Reply by Billy Hole

ReStore Now Open to the General Public

We have discussed the ReStore Community Project in Tottenham on the site before . News reaches us that in addition to providing low-cost f…

Started by Liz

4 May 20, 2011

New recycling message board at Stroud Green Library

Do you have a wardrobe you no longer need or would you like a new table? Want to get rid of some children's bits and pieces or source some…

Started by Liz

0 Feb 11, 2011

Under-the-counter Fridge/Freezer

I have an under-the-counter fridge/freezer in silver finish if anyone can make use of it.  There is a small freezer on the left and a sligh…

Started by Antoinette

0 Feb 7, 2011

Recycling Electrical Items - Where?

Here is a great idea from Islington - a social enterprise that sells, repairs and recycles electrical items. In my experience, it's hard to…

Started by Stuart

6 Oct 16, 2010
Reply by Alison

Pledge to donate unwanted clothes and shoes...you could win a place at a 'Sew Good' workshop

'Make your pledge' to donate unwanted textiles, clothes or shoes As clothes go out of fashion they often get thrown out with household rub…

Started by Liz

0 Oct 12, 2010

ReStore Community Projects - recycling London's unwanted furniture

Tottenham based, ReStore, a charity that recycles unwanted furniture and appliances for the benefit of those in need recently appeared on B…

Started by Liz

0 Sep 10, 2010

"Free to good home" Noticeboard

Following on from the recent discussion regarding salvaging items at the Reuse and Recycling Centres, I think it would be good if reusable…

Started by Antoinette

16 Jun 29, 2010
Reply by Maddy

Should the Council allow residents to re-use and recycle at the Reuse and Recycling Centres?

I use the Hornsey Reuse and Recycling Centre. Every time I go there I notice stuff I could re-use. For instance, my freezer baskets have…

Started by Chris Setz

10 May 27, 2010
Reply by Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service