Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'new river' (105)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New River Path Clean Up, Sunday 2 July

East bank just before mowing Hi all; I am just organising a clean up of the New River Path behind Wightman Road. It will take place on Su…

Started by Cowper

10 Jun 29, 2023
Reply by Cowper

New River teeming with fish

Started by Dick Harris

3 May 5, 2023
Reply by Dick Harris

Emperor dragonfly 'ovipositing' (laying eggs) at the New River

Here is a female emperor dragonfly 'ovipositing' (depositing eggs from iher abdomen) at the New River, Bowes Park N11. The dragonfly is…

Started by Paul Burnham

6 Aug 26, 2022
Reply by Simon Bradley

Wassat? Spaceship Landing Pad?

On the banks of the New River just to the south of Seven Sisters Bridge. Is it river infrastructure or something else?

Started by Hugh

5 Aug 25, 2022
Reply by Hugh

Are there turtles in the New River?

Walking along the river yesterday, I fell into conversation with a local out with his kids. He told me they'd just seen a turtle in the riv…

Started by Hugh

4 Aug 1, 2022
Reply by Jim Walsh

What happened the the New River Path wall after the graffiti

Up until about 2015 , the Victorian wall along the northern end of the Harringay stretch of the New River Path was, amazingly, graffiti-fre…

Started by Hugh

6 Jul 21, 2022
Reply by Hugh

Duckling Tracks

This brood of very young ducklings had been taken by mum into the weedy part of the river between the footbridge and the tunnel. I loved…

Started by Hugh

0 Jul 20, 2022

New River clean up: Sat 9 April

Hi all; Silly I only thought about this today. Doing a clean up of the New River betw Wightman Road and Hornsey station on Sat 9 Apr from 1…

Started by Cowper

4 Apr 11, 2022
Reply by Hugh

Keeping the New River safe from slippery customers

Cycling to Hertford along the River Lea meadows the other day I was passing the very start of the New River where it takes most of its wate…

Started by Straw Cat

2 Mar 25, 2022
Reply by Adrian Hackney

New River Path temporary closure

I happened to walk by just after they posted the notice above and chatted with the site manager for the project. Apparently, the closure…

Started by Hugh

25 Mar 11, 2022
Reply by John D

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service