Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'nature notes' (262)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spotting a bee fly ( no, not a bee, a bee fly)

Buds and blossom are bursting out all over the trees, all the flowers of the season are decked out, birds are nesting but, for me, the re-a…

Started by Liz

3 Apr 13, 2018
Reply by matt

A tough Spring for frogs despite the appearance of spawn in local ponds

Our common frog is having a tough Spring.  The extreme cold at the beginning of March trapped many of them under the ice. A lot continued t…

Started by Liz

2 Apr 5, 2018
Reply by vaneska

Saving 'The Lost Words' of Nature: why this Crowdfunder campaign by @BigGreenBooks matters

A few years ago, author Robert Mcfarlane was alerted by an eagle-eyed reader to the fact that the latest edition of the Oxford Junior Dicti…

Started by Liz

4 Apr 4, 2018
Reply by Liz

The bees are back in town

This Spring has really taken her time arriving but at 16.15 on 20th March (which was Newroz, in case you're wondering) the sun came out and…

Started by Liz

8 Mar 23, 2018
Reply by kotkas

Signs of Spring: February

Has anyone spotted any early signs of Spring yet? In my front and back gardens, bulbs are pushing up green shoots almost overnight, and the…

Started by Liz

1 Feb 9, 2018
Reply by Heather Herbert

In flower on Wightman Road in January

Started by Liz

0 Feb 1, 2018

Nature notes: what to see at Railway Fields this month

Winter always feels like a quiet time in Nature but, in reality, it's just that she requires you to have a little patience, listen a little…

Started by Liz

3 Jan 28, 2018
Reply by Michele

Nature notes: Rare bird visits Walthamstow Wetlands

A little out of our immediate area, I'll grant you, but only a short bus ride away is the newly opened Walthamstow Wetlands, a wonderful pl…

Started by Liz

1 Jan 25, 2018
Reply by claire taylor

Nature notes in January: damp days and a promise of Spring on a street tree

These days of damp and cold can be tough on the mental health after Christmas but this promise of Spring days to come on Mattison was a moo…

Started by Liz

12 Jan 13, 2018
Reply by Nicky

How a few minutes with Nature can boost your happiness

Even the most PollyAnnaish of us (yeah, me) can find the grey days and cold of November a drain on our well-being. However, research from F…

Started by Liz

3 Nov 10, 2017
Reply by Roslyn Byfield

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service