Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'nature notes' (264)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Front garden watch: lovely lavender

Feels like I’m fighting a losing battle to keep the plants in the street planters alive at the moment.  Yet the other night, while I was wa…

Started by Liz

3 Jul 27, 2018
Reply by matt

Good News Young Poets! The deadline for the Lost Words Poetry competition has been extended to July 7th

If you're still sweating over your verses for the Lost Words competition run by Big Green Books, TCV Haringey and Friends of Railway Fields…

Started by Liz

1 Jul 26, 2018
Reply by Liz

Please put out water for the birds during this long drought

The RSPB are asking people to put water out for birds as the lack of rain drags on and sources of water are increasingly hard to find for w…

Started by Liz

4 Jul 20, 2018
Reply by Peter Corley

Nature Notes: Why I love being a volunteer on the Schools Project at Railway Fields

As the summer term draws slowly to its end and schools wind down for the holidays, we volunteer Environment Officers can look back on a won…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 19, 2018

Child's death directly blamed on air pollution in London: when will we wake up to the danger of our terrible air quality?

Not sure what will be the wake up call for Londoners about our filthy air and its threat to our health, but this story of a child's death i…

Started by Liz

18 Jul 15, 2018
Reply by kotkas

Why more trees and greenery may help us to live healthier into old age

It feels like common sense to plant trees, grow plants and flowers and centre green spaces in neighbourhood planning. The pay offs for ment…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 12, 2018

Summer Holiday Fun: Family Nature Activities at Railway Fields on Tues and Weds throughout Summer

Come and explore this lovely nature reserve in the heart of Harringay and do lots of fun activities with the Railway Fields team Click on…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 12, 2018

Are Britain's trees disappearing?

That's the big question for Britain's newly appointed "tree champion", Sir William Worsley. He is tasked with overseeing how trees are bein…

Started by Liz

11 Jul 6, 2018
Reply by Chris Setz

Nature notes extra: Five things I read this week and a sunset

Plastic Free July This July, the Marine Conservation Society is challenging you to go plastic free. With more than 8 million tons of plasti…

Started by Liz

1 Jul 6, 2018
Reply by josephine

Nature notes: Bumblebees thrive in towns more than in the country

In the news this week it was revealed that bumblebees are now faring better in towns and cities than in fields. Researchers from Royal Holl…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 5, 2018

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service