Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'london troubles' (70)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Haringey Community Assistance Centre established

Haringey residents affected by the disturbances in Tottenham over the weekend are to receive support via a new Community Assistance Centre…

Started by Hugh

24 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by Alan Stanton

Charles & Camilla in Tottenham

Charles & Camilla have just left Tottenham after a visit to the Tottenham Assitance Centre. There were at least two HoL members there a…

Started by Hugh

2 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by Zena Brabazon

Green Lanes grocer in the Observer

Sorry if anyone already posted this (or about this) I couldn't see anything. This is Dostlar, at the bottom of Cavendish Road, from p21…

Started by GillianM

12 Aug 17, 2011
Reply by Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)

UK riots an infographic: one map I'm glad we're missed off

It's surprising just how much is missed off this otherwise useful infographic (Us, thank you, Blackheath etc). Click the picture to see the…

Started by Hugh

2 Aug 16, 2011
Reply by pamish

Council Leader uses Cameron visit to ask for more funds

Prime Minister David Cameron this morning visited Tottenham to meet with community members following the disturbances in the area over the…

Started by Hugh

0 Aug 16, 2011

North London demonstration march planned in response to last week's events

A 'North London Unity Assembly Demonstration' has been planned for 13th August. The organisers' leaflet calls for: A Culture of valuing, n…

Started by Hugh

4 Aug 15, 2011
Reply by SK8ergirl

Festival of illegal consumption cannot be attributed to cuts

A week on, and there's the inevitable chewing over what happened in the Sundays. It's been interesting for me to compare those reflections…

Started by Hugh

13 Aug 15, 2011
Reply by Alan Stanton

Tottenham Leisure Centre

Hi, Been away for last week so missed all the troubles. Anyone know what the is required at Tottenham Green now? Will be gathering stuff th…

Started by Beewan Athwal

2 Aug 15, 2011
Reply by Vanessa Richards

The Voice on Tottenham: "The lessons from the past, have not been learnt"

"Tottenham's sprawling Broadwater Farm estate was rundown and bleak when I visited it after the uprising by black youth of 1985. Yet it had…

Started by Hugh

1 Aug 14, 2011

Community Clear up; Council urges people to "Come and show your support for Tottenham

Haringey Council today issued a rallying cry to local residents and businesses to join them in showing the world the strength of community…

Started by Hugh

7 Aug 14, 2011
Reply by paddyk

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service