Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'democracy' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

World democracy: a ranking of countries

THE Economist Intelligence Unit has published a list ranking the world's countries with reference to the level of democracy. Here is the BB…

Started by Clive Carter

0 Jun 12, 2014

Challenge to cabinet system of local govt.

Fylde to abolish cabinet system following referendum Voters have forced Fylde Borough Council to abandon its cabinet structure and adopt a…

Started by pamish

6 Jun 6, 2014
Reply by pamish

Local elections - How about 'Flatpack Democracy' for Haringey?

Reading the post 'Don't lose your voice! Vote with your feet' makes me despair. Most people are utterly disillusioned with party politics;…

Started by alex

3 May 7, 2014
Reply by TBD

Newsnight, 22/04 - freedom of speech

I just watched last night's newsnight. I can't really talk about it because. This is a shame as education aside there were some really inte…

Started by John McMullan

18 Apr 29, 2014
Reply by Lydia R

Area Forum Meeting - Episode IV "A New Hopelessness"

Below are the alternative minutes to last night's Area Forum meeting. I will type up the second half of the meeting (the GLSG bit) when I g…

Started by Phil K

4 Apr 1, 2014
Reply by Hugh

Clarion Call: Zena Brabazon, Karen Alexander, Nilgun Canver, David Browne, David Schmitz, Gina Amadou,...etc

Can I ask publicly, that one or all of you clearly and candidly explain the following: The purpose of the GLSG in 2014 and onward. The d…

Started by Phil K

62 Mar 26, 2014
Reply by Geoff Amabilino

Why is the Council Tax being collected over 10 months?

New bill arrived, 0% increase but the payments have increased - why?  Payment period April - January -10 months, why?  Earlier payment, mor…

Started by WightmanPaul

11 Jun 5, 2011
Reply by John D

electoral register sales / your national insurance number

Did you iknow that the government is currently consulting on what to do with the edited electoral register. There are 6 options: abolish th…

Started by Omotn

3 Feb 25, 2010
Reply by Mark Pack

Online debating space for under 18s interested in political issues

HeadsUp is a moderated, online space for under 18s to debate the political issues important to them. Run by the Hansard Society, the site…

Started by Liz

0 Nov 29, 2009

Democracy Club - holding election candidates to account

Democracy Club is a new, independent network of volunteers who want to help internet-savvy transparency groups like mySociety and The Str…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 1, 2009

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service