Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'birds' (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Siskins in N15?

We are pretty sure it was a siskin we saw when we were walking along Etherley Road yesterday afternoon. It was swooping through the front g…

Started by Saddic

14 May 10, 2013
Reply by friends of ducketts common

Winter visitors - bird-spotting

There's a rather cute group of Waxwing around the gardens of Beresford/Allison today. I spotted about 11 of them; staying together, eating…

Started by Laura

7 Mar 21, 2013
Reply by HarringayBirder

Peregrine Falcon on Alexandra Palace

For the last 2 or 3 weeks, we have had the pleasure of a male peregrine falcon on Ally Pally. It has been seen on several occasions, the la…

Started by Stephen Middleton

9 Feb 5, 2013
Reply by Stephen Middleton

Fieldfares

I just saw a fieldfare in my fig tree. Any other sightings? Couldn't take a picture cos I was cleaning my teeth.

Started by anne barwick

13 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by HarringayBirder

Top tips from the RSPB on how to feed wild birds this winter

This cold morning has really made me realise that winter is here. RSPB have a great fact sheet on how to look after our feathered friends t…

Started by Liz

0 Nov 30, 2012

How to attract birds into your garden this winter

It's been a tough year for birds. The peculiar weather has meant berry crops have been disappointing and hard to find. We can help them get…

Started by Liz

1 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Angela

Which garden birds do you see around the area?

Having moved to the area six months ago, to a house with a garden (from a tiny 1st floor Crouch End flat), I've been very pleasantly surpri…

Started by DrWhams

11 Jul 10, 2012
Reply by tulips

Feeding our feathered friends

As the chill winds blow across Harringay, you may have noticed a lot more frantic bird activity in the neighbourhood as the hunt for food b…

Started by Liz

5 Dec 1, 2010
Reply by Liz

Drop in swift numbers causes concern

Swifts are declining so rapidly in Britain that they are to be the subject of a major census. The Royal Society for the Protection of Bird…

Started by Liz

4 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by John D

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service