Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'birds' (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New River Wildlife

When I was walking along the New River this afternoon I noticed that a short section running east from Green Lanes for about 350m has becom…

Started by Chris Farthing

6 Oct 31, 2022
Reply by Hugh

Visiting birds

Here are this week's birds pinching the food put out for their smaller brethren:

Started by Dick Harris

3 Jun 24, 2022
Reply by Jim Walsh

Woodpecker drumming in Fairland Park

Between 6am and 7.30am most days (before the traffic drowns the noise), the beautiful drumming of a greater spotted woodpecker can be heard…

Started by Dan

13 Apr 16, 2021
Reply by Michael Anderson

The Harringay Cormorant

We spotted this bird on the stretch of the New River behind Wightman. Mallards and moorhens are common there. Canada geese and swans are…

Started by Hugh

17 Jun 5, 2020
Reply by Hugh

Little Coot Family on the New River

Hey folks, some of you may have come across the nest that two coots built right near the bridge over the New River on Green Lanes opposit…

Started by Helen New

27 May 23, 2020
Reply by Helen New

A flurry of fledglings in the neighbourhood

From goslings at Woodberry Wetlands to a cheeky baby robin splashing me with water while I had a cup of tea in the garden, the fledglings a…

Started by Liz

5 Jun 7, 2019
Reply by Charlie Owen

Wightman Road Heron

This snapshot and grainy crop might not do the bird justice, but they do record what I foud to be a surprising sight. To see a heron si…

Started by Hugh

12 Oct 12, 2018
Reply by Hugh

Birds of Prey in Harringay

There have been a growing number of sightings of the sparrowhawk (left) and kestrel (right) in Harringay                                   …

Started by Hugh

34 Oct 7, 2018
Reply by Bob Ruggles

Oh no! Only 5 cygnets - anyone know what happened to the other 3?

For the last few days there have only been 5 cygnets with their parents. I suspect it's not good news - but does anyone anything about the…

Started by YvonneR

11 Aug 10, 2018
Reply by YvonneR

Please put out water for the birds during this long drought

The RSPB are asking people to put water out for birds as the lack of rain drags on and sources of water are increasingly hard to find for w…

Started by Liz

4 Jul 20, 2018
Reply by Peter Corley

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service