Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hugh's Discussions (20,702)

Discussions Replied To (14948) Replies Latest Activity

"Fancy that! Did she ever mention this incident?"

Hugh replied Jan 12 to Found - image of North end Wightman Road towards junction with Turnpike Lane, 1948

8 Feb 16
Reply by Harry Carson

"I’m not sure that strictly speaking it’s accurate to say the glacier reached Hornsey…"

Hugh replied Jan 11 to ‘Highgate Ridge’ Eastern Cutting/Slope/Elevation, what do we call it ?

9 Apr 11
Reply by matthew cuthbert

"This looks to me like an issue of poor illustrated. They used the pre-revision versi…"

Hugh replied Jan 8 to Can I really have read this correctly? PSPO Finsbury Park

5 Jan 12
Reply by Hugh

"I heard back from the Hornsey Historical Society's conservation officer who is happy…"

Hugh replied Jan 4 to Over a century and a quarter of butcher history on Broadway Parade - will the shop-front be saved?

1 Jan 4
Reply by Hugh

"At the far end of Wightman on the corner, on the left, you can just see a single sto…"

Hugh replied Jan 2 to Found - image of North end Wightman Road towards junction with Turnpike Lane, 1948

8 Feb 16
Reply by Harry Carson

"The wisdom of the web tells me that it was created over 12 years from 1992. Sadly th…"

Hugh replied Jan 2 to New River Path 'New Cut' open again

11 Jan 2
Reply by Hugh

"Thanks, Dick. I suppose the river wasn't open to the public at this point?"

Hugh replied Jan 1 to New River Path 'New Cut' open again

11 Jan 2
Reply by Hugh

"On the east side of the river is the much discussed "New River Tower". I'm pretty ce…"

Hugh replied Jan 1 to New River Path 'New Cut' open again

11 Jan 2
Reply by Hugh

"Dick, looking for am image on my phone the other day, I came across some photos from…"

Hugh replied Dec 31, 2023 to New River Path 'New Cut' open again

11 Jan 2
Reply by Hugh

"Since about the middle of the nineteenth, it’s been known as the Hog’s Back. As far…"

Hugh replied Dec 23, 2023 to ‘Highgate Ridge’ Eastern Cutting/Slope/Elevation, what do we call it ?

9 Apr 11
Reply by matthew cuthbert

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service