Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (472)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Another Old Shop Sign Uncovered

Thanks to Stephan a the Garden Ladder for snapping this one at 459 Green Lanes - and I see they still retain their old shop front too. On…

Started by Hugh

6 Jan 28, 2014
Reply by Hugh

Bus map for north London from the 1920s

And I'm back with another historical map, for those who enjoy such things. This one is a bus map from the 1920s - "London General Omnibus C…

Started by empyrean_aisles

3 Jan 27, 2014
Reply by StephenBln

Britain from Above - Harris Lebus

Thought I'd add these links in case anyone is interested. http://www.harrislebus.com/britain-from-above/ including: 1) Tottenham High Road…

Started by StephenBln

11 Jan 25, 2014
Reply by Hugh

Can Anybody Place this 1906 Photo of Haringey Park Dairy?

Started by Hugh

9 Jan 24, 2014
Reply by lynda brennan

Unidentified vessel

Hi everyone We were given this today. Does anyone know what it is used for? The hole in the side is cork sized.

Started by Bee

11 Jan 24, 2014
Reply by Bee

Harringay Down with the Titanic

Seems like Liz and I are on a bit of a history binge at the moment. In one of her posts yesterday she linked to the National Archives. I…

Started by Hugh

1 Jan 24, 2014
Reply by Alison P

Nostalgic Buses

A new LT type bus stands alongside a NS (Nulli Secundus) type vehicle, dressed as a 29. Behind that a Leyland engined Regent Three RTL Type.

Started by StephenBln

6 Jan 24, 2014
Reply by StephenBln

Old Shop Name Appears

I was walking down Green Lanes form Manor House this afternoon, and noticed that an old shop had appeared above the shuttered shop at No 38…

Started by Peter

6 Jan 3, 2014
Reply by Michael Anderson

Two art exhibitions for local history nerds at Bruce Castle Museum

Two interesting looking exhibitions at Bruce Castle Museum this winter that look right up the street of all of us local history heads. With…

Started by Liz

0 Jan 2, 2014

Nothing to Prove - the Racing Cheetahs of Harringay

I just came across this 1997 Audi advert featuring one of the Harringay racing cheetahs. This photo shows what one of the problems may we…

Started by Hugh

0 Dec 20, 2013

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service