Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (471)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Harringay Flood 1907

Following my trawl on eBay a few moments ago where I found a postcard to Mrs Bellak at 44 Rutland Gardens, I also found this picture of a…

Started by Justin Guest

12 Nov 27, 2015
Reply by Christine Killick

Haringey First World War Peace Forum

Haringey First World War Peace Forum Conscientious objection in Hornsey, Tottenham and Wood Green  https://hfwwpf.wordpress.com/  New b…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Nov 20, 2015

Coppetts Wood Hospital

Hello everyone. I apologise if there is already a thread on this, but I have searched and cannot find any results for it in the forum. I am…

Started by Jay Ballsworth

7 Nov 20, 2015
Reply by Lydia Walter

New book captures the heart of Hornsey

New book captures the heart of Hornsey   Hornsey Historical Society is proud to announce the publication of Ivy-Mantled Tower: A History of…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Nov 14, 2015

2nd APPLICATION TO DEMOLITISH COLIN CHAPMAN / LOTUS CARS SITE IN TOTTENHAM LANE

Anyone interested in local history, Lotus Cars or F1 may wish to know about another planning application to demolish the site where Lotus r…

Started by Lesley Ramm

2 Nov 4, 2015

Hornsey Historical Society’s most Prestigious Book Available from 5th November

Hornsey Historical Society’s most prestigious book available from 5th November. Ivy-Mantled Tower, by HHS Vice President Bridget Cherry O…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Nov 2, 2015

50 Years of Haringey - Last Issue of Tottenham Calling, March 1965

The London Borough Haringey was created as part of the London Government Act of 1963, which officially recognised the conurbation known as…

Started by StephenBln

2 Oct 30, 2015
Reply by Renato B

1958: Cauliflower Alley mourns the giving over of Harringay Arena to the "storage of groceries"

From the Glasgow Herald Oct 29 1958, a boxing fan laments the sale of Harringay Arena in a column entitled "Last Rounds" You can see photos…

Started by Liz

2 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by StephenBln

Photos of Victorian London

with an aerial shot of Stonebridge Road and South Tottenham station in 1882 (for Pamish).. The  earliest known surviving aerial photograph…

Started by StephenBln

4 Oct 15, 2015
Reply by StephenBln

A site for world history buffs

A remarkable overview of world history: http://histography.io Histography displays historical events from Wikipedia as series of chronolog…

Started by Lydia R

1 Oct 14, 2015
Reply by Clive Carter

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service