Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (472)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Colour Film of Muswell Hill and Crouch End - late 50s.

My apologies if this is already known about, but having seen this 20 minute silent film for the first time last night via a link from the S…

Started by Niall

0 Jan 18, 2017

Tatchell Recalls George Michael in Harringay & Manor House

Writing in the Independent, Peter Tatchell recalls his first meetings with George MIchael in Manor House and Harringay: I first met George…

Started by Hugh

16 Jan 10, 2017
Reply by Michael Anderson

Harringay Pleasure Park

From the Shoreditch Observer on Saturday 18 February 1911. The best laid plans.... I wonder what went wrong.

Started by Hugh

7 Jan 6, 2017
Reply by maggie

Removal of Finsbury Park Station Lifts 1922

I came across this rather bad copy of a 1922 letter which along with pictorial evidence tells us that there used to be lifts at Finsbury Pa…

Started by Hugh

10 Jan 4, 2017
Reply by Antoinette

A Short Life - Thomas G. 1890 - 1914

The death and destruction of the First World War affected most British, Allied as well as their enemies' families. With hindsight, the Firs…

Started by StephenBln

29 Dec 24, 2016
Reply by StephenBln

Did You Live in The Gardens in the Fifties?

I suppose this comes under chat. Did anyone live in either Kimberley Gardens or Chesterfield Gardens in 1953-60. If so I would like to get…

Started by ROY BOWKER

34 Nov 13, 2016
Reply by ROY BOWKER

Eavestaff Pianos Harringay - Can anyone Name the Stars?

Eavestaff is one of the best loved names of English Piano making. Along with Brasted, Challen, Boyd and Barret & Robison they were base…

Started by Hugh

6 Nov 13, 2016
Reply by Geoff Amabilino

Reservoir in Finsbury Park - architecture photograph of the year

A photo of the Reservoir in Finsbury Park by Matt Emmett is among the 5 images shortlisted in the interior section of the architecture phot…

Started by Muriel Zaccuri

15 Nov 4, 2016
Reply by tigha

London Rebel History Calendar 2017 now on sale

The sharp sunny cold of mid-Autumn... darkness settles over the city... Can only herald yet another London Rebel History Calendar! oh yes..…

Started by John Tyre

0 Nov 4, 2016

Disney's: A Clue to the Past

I was walking up GL earlier and saw what looks like work on the Disney's sign as part of the regeneration. It looks like there are at least…

Started by Justin Guest

8 Oct 1, 2016
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service