BEGINNERS LINDY HOP 5 WEEK COURSE
-1. Tuesday 13th May
-2. Tuesday 20th May
-3. Tuesday 27th May
-4. Tuesday 3rd June
-5. Tuesday 10th June
Learn the partner dance that started them all in this intensive 5 week beginners class.
We will focus on laying strong foundations in the language of Swing Dancing.
Strengthen your style, your moves and your dance confidence.
By the end of this class you'll have a solid grasp of Lindy Hop rhythm & musicality,
connection, and a grab bag of moves that you can pull out on any dance floor.
This dance will have you smiling, sweating, and wishing for more!
Musicality and passion for the dance is my main focus in teaching.
Limited spaces! To sign-up please send me your full name and if you are a lead or a follow.
If you are bringing a partner please send their full name too and who will be a lead and who will be a follow.
Full course is £45 per person, £80 per couple
@ The Salisbury Pub
Bellow is an outline for what we will be covering in the sessions.
Please wear comfortable clothes and preferably leather soled shoes or dress shoes with a smooth sole, high heels are great if your comfortable wearing them :-)
- The history of Lindy Hop and other social dances
- The language of Swing dancing
- Frame between lead and follow
- Movement exercises for trust building in dance
- Basic Lindy Hop steps for lead and follow
- Basic Lindy Hop steps review
- Frame review
- Intro to Lindy basic
- Basic "Lindy Turn"
- Intro to simple moves in the basic
- Review of Lindy turn
- Review of move
- More basic moves
- Intro into transitions
- Transitioning moves together
- Combining all moves and basic Lindy turn